Friday, September 14, 2007

Put Another Candle...


on my birthday cake...

Well, I don't really want to talk about my birthday, except to say that I've felt more loved this year. This is the first birthday I've had without any parents to call and send their wishes to me. My dear MIL, who passed away in late April, was my last living parent. Maybe they are all wrapping me in celestial love today.

My sweet sister had a little ice cream party for me tonight. That meant a lot to me as we don't get together nearly so much since our parents passed away. I know Mom was nodding down at us in approval. She always liked family get togethers.

I got lots of phone calls today - both my brothers called, my son, my best friends all rang me up... my husband sent flowers, my other son actually woke up early enough to wish my happy birthday before noon!

I guess I did talk about my birthday, after all. Tomorrow night we are going with friends to the Hollywood Bowl, and Sunday we'll celebrate with the kids by going out for Sunday brunch. It's a feel-good weekend for sure, and I am immensely thankful for the life I have and the people in it.

No comments: